Sensitive Skin: What is it? How to care for it.
We recently covered the 5 commonly categorised skin types and what type of products you should be using to care for them.
Today we are diving a bit more into the sensitive girls club.
Blush Essentials was born because founder Jess has experienced problematic and sensitivity skin concerns since she was a young girl.
The Blush Essentials entire range is specifically designed to care for all skin types including sensitive.
So your sensitive???
What is sensitive skin???
What triggers sensitive skin reactions??
Other potential triggers can include hormones, lack of sleep and diet. When exposed to these possible triggers sensitive skin may burn or sting, turn red, or otherwise feel very uncomfortable.
Sensitive skin is even more vulnerable to the elements and will benefit from a proper skin care schedule using gentle products packed with healing and nourishing ingredients.
Tips for caring for sensitive skin:
- showers with warm — not hot — water
- keep your skincare routine simple and consistent
- avoid harsh astringents, exfoliants and toxic ingedients
- use a gentle natural ingredients on the skin
- read your product labels
- choose your cosmetic carefully
- be sun smart
- use a gentle, fragrance-free laundry detergent
- try using organic cleaning supplies
- gentle hands, no rubbing or dragging of the skin.
- gently pat yourself dry after a shower (instead of rubbing) and apply moisturiser right away
- test new products on a discreet area of skin at least one day before trying a full-application
Natural ingredients that are great for sensitive skin:
You want products with natural ingredients that are packed with non irritants and anti- inflammatories. Ingredients to nourish, heal and protect your precious skin barrier.
Some of our favourite natural ingredients for sensitive skin are:
You can find all these amazing ingredients throughout the Blush Essentials range.
Want to learn more about our natural skincare products??