Master your morning routine
Starting your day in a hurry, frazzled and somewhat stressed is fun isn't it??? .....NOT!!
One thing I've learnt as a busy mum of two young girls is that starting our day of right is key to developing a more enjoyable day. I find when I stick to my morning routine I am happier, more productive and the day is more successful and positive.
Firstly I am not going to tell you that these steps will work every day. Some days don’t go to plan, there is chaos and circumstances out of our control and thats OK. That is life sometimes. I am going to focus on and list the key elements I use to make my morning a little bit sweeter.
1. Prepare the night before - Depending on what you have on the agenda for the next day getting a head start by preparing for it is a great thing to start implementing. I like to make sure my kitchen is clean and tidy so that I don't wake up to mess (which makes me anxious). If its a kindy day I will pack the bags and have everything I need on the dining table.
2. Hydrate - The first thing I do everyday is to drink 1-2 glasses of water with fresh lemon when i first get up. Not only is it great for your digestion and your skin it gives you an immediate hydration boost and perks you up.
3. Make your bed - A wise person once said “ If you can’t do the little things, you can’t do the big things” I personally agree. Having my bed made first thing makes me feel like I have already ticked something off the to do list and makes me happy as its one less thing to worry about and sets the tone for productivity.
4. Nourish your body - As they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and has always been my favourite meal. Starting the day with a healthy meal boosts your energy, reduces fatigue and is critical for optimum health. Pre plan if you need to. Kick starting the day like this is another step to setting the tone for the day and creates positive energy.
5. Affirmations. I’m a huge fan of starting my day by reading a few good affirmations and quotes. Setting some small goals and intentions for the day along with this helps ensure my mindset is on track for a positive day.
You may be wondering why exercise isn't in my top 5 steps ? Although this is very high on the list for starting your day right, I wanted to focus on the steps you can implement everyday that require very little allocated time. The steps you can take everyday and be apart of your morning routine without thinking. If you can add a some exercise into your morning you are certain to master your day.
How do you master your mornings?? Are these steps apart of your routine?
Have a beautiful day :)