The benefits of exfoliating
What is exfoliation ??
Exfoliation is the removal of dead skin cells from the outer layer of your skin aka the epidermis.
Exfoliation assists in the skins natural cell turnover process and is an important part of your skincare routine.
As we age the skin cell turnover process slows down and some cells don’t shed completely. As a result this can cause dryness, flakiness and clogged pores.
How does Exfoliation benefit the skin??
- exfoliating can improve the appearance of the skin.
- other benefits include:
- removal of dead skin cells
- unclogs pores
- evens skin tone
- stimulates lymphatic drainage
- boosts circulation
- improves moisture absorption
- helps prevent acne
- increases cell turnover
What are the different types of exfoliation??
There are two main types of exfoliating, physical and chemical.
Determining which types is best for you and your skin type is something you should certainly read into. Obviously we’ve all got different skin and picking the exfoliant for yours is key to avoid irritation. Over use of strong chemical exfoliants or harsh scrubs can cause more stress on your skin and therefore lead to more skin concerns.
You can learn more about your skin type here.
- choose your exfoliating method and products according to your skin type.
- exfoliate 1-3 times a week max depending on your skin type.
An oily skin can opt for more then the recommended 1-2 times per week.
- do not over exfoliate
- use small circular motions and gentle pressure
- don't rush 30 secs minimum
- rinse with luke warm water
- follow with your fave serum
Ready to kick those dead skin cells to the curb??
Our natural Resurfacing Crystals are made for sensitive skin and are a gentle and effective way to achieve a healthy glow all your around.
Made for every skin, always.