DIY Facial Steps and Benefits
We all follow our own daily skincare routine. Yours may be short, sweet and simple and if it works for you then that is all it needs to be. There are more benefits to our skincare routine other then the obvious of taking care of our skin it also has many benefits for our over all wellbeing.
A trip to the salon is one of the most rewarding self care practices you can do for yourself. Creating your own DIY facial experience at home is another.
In the current circumstances around the world a trip to the salon might not be possible but you can still purchase products from businesses online and make it happen for yourself at home.
This has become apart of my weekly skincare routine. Home spa day :)
Find some of the amazing benefits and our DIY facial below.
Benefits of a facial
1. Reduce Stress - during your facial steps you will be gently massaging your face. There are many pressure points on you face and when you are doing these light massage steps your body responds to it. Making you feel more relaxed and promoting a more positive mood/
2. Reduce premature ageing - Regular facials and face massages boost cell regeneration and promote collagen development. This gives you younger looking skin.
3. Promotes blood circulation - Studies prove that massage promotes blood circulation and this also applies to the face. Allowing oxygen and nutrients to flow through to help regenerate your skin cells.
4. Boost your skins absorption function - Regular facials also increase your skin’s ability to absorb other products effectively.
5. Relaxing form of self care - Facials wether done at home or as a treatment in a salon allow you too slow down for a little and use your senses. Smelling and feeling the products allows you to be present in the moment and just relax.
The Blush Essentials DIY Facial
1.Massage your chosen cleanser into the face and neck for at least 60 secs. Use soft flowing movements. Remove cotton pads or heated towel. Repeat a second time to ensure all makeup, dirt and residue is removed.
2. Lightly spritz toning mist over your face and neck and ensure eyes are closed.
3. Apply exfoliant and gently massage into the skin for 1-2 mins. Remove gently with heated towel. If using our 2-in-1 Balancing Green Clay exfoliating mask do not remove and move to next step.
4. Apply your chosen mask in a nice even layer and leave for 10 - 15 mins. Ensure you avoid eye area and remove gently with a heated towel or our reusable remover pads.
5. Tone again by lightly spritzing toning mist over face and neck.
6. Apply 1 - 2 small pumps of chosen serum and apply by gently pressing into the skin. Use gentle upward motion and avoid dragging the skin.
7. Massage your chosen moisturiser into your face, neck and decolletage using a gentle upward motion.
8. Apply a small amount of eye cream using your ring fingers and apply gently around the eye bone.
9. Smile :)
Find our clean beauty range here
Natural Ingredients, Cruelty Free, Vegan, Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Safe.